Contemporary dance is a style of expressive dance that combines elements of several dance genres and is a way to express yourself. Contemporary dance connects the body and the mind through movement. Contemporary is innovative. Contemporary is the truest form of art as your body paints a picture across the stage.
A few words from the teacher:
"We will experiment with speed, centrifugal energy, swing, and dynamic drive through floor combinations.
Intense rhythms, co-ordination with the partner, exercises of confidence, acrobatics, support (fixation) and turns will take place. We will study how we can work collectively, acquiring consciousness for the others and for ourselves.
Main purpose is to activate, charge, awaken and empower the core of our body, sharpen our spirit and expand our inner world by exploring the space you are the time you exist. We will dive together into an internal search combining mind harmony and body balance in order to find an alternative way of thinking and being.”
This course is open to the students and citizens of Kolding who want to experience what contemporary dance is and be introduced to something new.
Free trial lesson
The first lesson is free. To book a free trial lesson click the green button at the left of the screen.
You can choose to pay for the entire spring or monthly. If you choose to pay monthly you will pay for the first month now and then get a mail once a month with a payment link in the following months untill the course has ended. This course ends in the end of june and will start again after the summer vecation.
- 15% student discount
- 50% if you enroll in more courses (contact the school if you enroll in more courses)
Is it not possible for you to be there every week? It is fine! It costs 80 kr. to drop in and attend the class if you don't enroll.
About the teacher Christina Sapounidou
Christina Sapounidou is a performer, teacher and choreographer from Greece.
She has studied at the Professional School of Dance of Thessaloniki Municipality, and now study Interior Design at AAS College Art and Design. Recent years she has been teaching contemporary dance, ballet and hip hop classes.
Through her career she has:
- Participated as a dancer and actor in the performances: “Firebird” first role, "Aida" and "Faust" at the Thessaloniki Concert Hall and many more.
- As a dancer and choreographer, she works with different dance companies as “B+6”, “Soma-os”, “Core”, “Damus ensemble”, etc.
- Taken place in several festivals such as: Κ.Ο.Θ UNDERGROUND festival, Thessaloniki European Youth capital, Dimitria festival, Dance Festival of Greek Choreographers, 2nd Reborn Festival in Athens, 4th Forest Festival, SKG Bridges Festival 2018 etc.
- Participated in various contemporary dance, ballet and hip hop dance workshops with the most acclaimed dancers all over the world.
- Participated in many hip hop competitions and has won many awards with she’s team of "Extravadance Crew".