Hip Hop is a street style dance originating from the Bronx in New York City in the 1970s. Constantly evolving, it is a free, funky and soulful expression of movement. The first dance associated with hip-hop was break dancing. While breakdancing consists primarily of moves executed close to the ground, the majority of hip-hop moves are performed standing up.
A few words from the teacher
Learn the basic moves and grooves which are fundamental to Hip Hop. Each class will consist of a warm up including stretches and body isolations. Break down the different techniques and then put them together into a short routine at the end of class. Perfect for those who have never danced before or just want to groove it out!
The course is open to all the students and citizens of Kolding who want to experience what hip hop dance is and be introduced to something new.
Free trial lesson
The first lesson is free. To book a free trial lesson click the green button at the left of the screen.
You can choose to pay for the entire spring or monthly. If you choose to pay monthly you will pay for the first month now and then get a mail once a month with a payment link in the following months untill the course has ended. This course ends in the end of june and will start again after the summer vecation.
- 15% student discount
- 50% if you enroll in more courses (contact the school if you enroll in more courses)
Is it not possible for you to be there every week? It is fine! It costs 80 kr. to drop in and attend the class if you don't enroll.
About the teacher Christina Sapounidou
Christina Sapounidou is a performer, teacher and choreographer from Greece.
She has studied at the Professional School of Dance of Thessaloniki Municipality, and now study Interior Design at AAS College Art and Design. Recent years she has been teaching contemporary dance, ballet and hip hop classes.
Through her career she has:
- Participated as a dancer and actor in the performances: “Firebird” first role, "Aida" and "Faust" at the Thessaloniki Concert Hall and many more.
- As a dancer and choreographer, she works with different dance companies as “B+6”, “Soma-os”, “Core”, “Damus ensemble”, etc.
- Taken place in several festivals such as: Κ.Ο.Θ UNDERGROUND festival, Thessaloniki European Youth capital, Dimitria festival, Dance Festival of Greek Choreographers, 2nd Reborn Festival in Athens, 4th Forest Festival, SKG Bridges Festival 2018 etc.
- Participated in various contemporary dance, ballet and hip hop dance workshops with the most acclaimed dancers all over the world.
- Participated in many hip hop competitions and has won many awards with she’s team of "Extravadance Crew".